USA: Inventor Creates Odour Free Socks
Gang Sun, a textile chemist at the University of California, claims to have invented a technology that could be used to develop odourless sports socks. The same technology could be used to make hospital gowns that repel bacteria and viruses, he claimed.After use, the treated garments need only a machine wash with household chlorine bleach, to recharge the bacteria-killing capacity, he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth