USA: Inventor Of Wrinkle-Free Cotton Wins Top Award
The inventor of wrinkle-free cotton has been presented with a special award by experts at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to recognise her achievement. Ruth Rogan Benerito was working as a scientist for the US' Department of Agriculture in the late 1960s when she discovered the secret to wrinkle-free cotton that would help cotton growers see off competition from synthetic fibres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"