UK: Investment Pays Off For Baxenden Chemicals
Years of intensive research and development have paid off for Baxenden Chemicals with the extension of its established range of Witcobond polyurethane dispersions (PUDs). Designed for a wide variety of applications, including leather, textile coatings and finishes, the range can be compounded with pigments, fillers, waxes and other additives to provide fully formulated coatings that are more environmentally-friendly than their solvent based counterparts, and maintain good performance properties.The new developments are a result of the company's emphasis on teams of excellence and investment in a new plant at its site in Droitwich, Worcestershire.The dedicated team of professionals is headed by section leader Karen Richardson. Karen works with Ruth Giles, the applications laboratory manager; and Peter Hassall, who was recently appointed coatings technologist.The company has also made a major investment in the latest instrumentation for the applications laboratory. New equipment includes a Werner Mathis LTSV and an LSA, small and medium sized coating machines and a laboratory scale 3-roll fabric calender and padder. A UV curing machine has recently been purchased to aid the developments of water-based UV curing PUDs and assess the advantages of this type of cross-linking system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022