UK: Investment Pays Off For Baxenden Chemicals
Years of intensive research and development have paid off for Baxenden Chemicals with the extension of its established range of Witcobond polyurethane dispersions (PUDs). Designed for a wide variety of applications, including leather, textile coatings and finishes, the range can be compounded with pigments, fillers, waxes and other additives to provide fully formulated coatings that are more environmentally-friendly than their solvent based counterparts, and maintain good performance properties.The new developments are a result of the company's emphasis on teams of excellence and investment in a new plant at its site in Droitwich, Worcestershire.The dedicated team of professionals is headed by section leader Karen Richardson. Karen works with Ruth Giles, the applications laboratory manager; and Peter Hassall, who was recently appointed coatings technologist.The company has also made a major investment in the latest instrumentation for the applications laboratory. New equipment includes a Werner Mathis LTSV and an LSA, small and medium sized coating machines and a laboratory scale 3-roll fabric calender and padder. A UV curing machine has recently been purchased to aid the developments of water-based UV curing PUDs and assess the advantages of this type of cross-linking system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report