US: Investors buy Denimatrix and ACG denim mill
AmTex designs and manufactures both denim fabric and denim apparel products
The Plains Cotton Cooperative Association (PCCA) has sold its denim manufacturing operation - which consists of the American Cotton Growers denim mill and Denimatrix facility - to two private equity firms.
Acquisition vehicle American Textile Holdings (AmTex) was set up by Monomoy Capital Partners and Kingsmoor to complete the deal for an undisclosed sum.
AmTex designs and manufactures both denim fabric and denim apparel products. The company converts raw cotton into denim fabric at the ACG textile mill in Littlefield, Texas and converts the fabric into finished jeans at the Denimatrix cut, sew and laundry operation located in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
The firm employs around 2,400 people at its two facilities and claims to run one the largest denim manufacturing operations in the western hemisphere.
"We are excited to create AmTex and purchase these impressive denim assets in Texas and Guatemala," said Robert Fowler, partner at Kingsmoor and newly-appointed AmTex CEO.
"With our partners at Monomoy, we will expand the company's capabilities and work with our customers to bring fashion-forward products to market through the most efficient supply chain in the industry."
The new company says it is poised to benefit from the migration of denim manufacturing from Asia back to the Americas. As a standalone business AmTex will also focus exclusively on innovative development, fabrication, marketing and sales in the denim sector.
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead