USA: Investors File Class Action Lawsuit Against Guess?
A lawsuit seeking class action status has been filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California on behalf of all persons who purchased the common stock of Guess? between February 14, 2000 and November 9, 2000, inclusive. The Complaint alleges that Guess? and four of its top officers misled shareholders and the investing public during the Class Period regarding the company's revenues and earnings. Specifically, it is alleged that the defendants reported record revenues for the first quarter of fiscal year 2000, based upon improperly accounting for inventory-related costs and other expenses, in an effort to revive the stock price enough to raise $120m through a planned secondary offering. However, after the stock price failed to go up, the company persisted in improperly accounting for expenses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack