US: Invista acquires Tecgen brands
Fibre business Invista has moved to acquire Ashburn Hill, owner of the Tecgen flame-resistant brands, for an undisclosed sum.
Invista, which already held a minority interest in the company, gains the Tecgen Select and Tecgen Extreme brands, plus a manufacturing operation in Texas.
Jon Heard, who left Invista in 2008 to become chief executive of Ashburn Hill, will continue to lead the business, with the Tecgen brands falling under Invista’s Performance Materials business unit.
“The Tecgen flame-resistant brands have quickly gained trust in the marketplace, and by coupling that expertise with Invista’s existing global workwear capabilities, we have high expectations for the specialised garment segment,” said Jeff Brown, executive vice president at Invista Performance Materials.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fibre maker Invista is planning a $500m investment to set up a new manufacturing unit at its site in Victoria, Texas to make raw materials used in the production of nylon....
Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric brand owner Invista has launched Coolmax Air fibre technology, designed to provide improved moisture-management and breathability for apparel....
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts