US: Invista and Lenzing team up on stretch denim
DL1961 jeans fuse softness with enhanced shape retention
The cooperation between the two businesses aims to iron out problems encountered by denim mills combining Lycra and Tencel, said Jean Hegedus, Invista’s denim business director.
“As mills began experimenting, they encountered issues such as growth, fabrics not keeping their shape and fabric puckering due to seam slippage,” he explained.
Experiments combining Invista’s Lycra DualFX fabric technology with Tencel have resulted in the development of cellulosic denim fabrics with “significantly improved” shape retention, the two companies said.
Now Invista and Lenzing are to work together to promote the new fabrics, with both companies assigning global sales, marketing and technical teams to the initiative.
These teams will provide joint promotional materials, as well as supply chain support and marketing information, the companies said.
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, g...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
"If indigo was invented today, we would never approve it.” Andrew Olah, founder of the Kingpins denim show, and of Olah Inc., a textile marketing, development, and sales agency in the US. Comments...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Synopsis Canadean's "CALIDA Holding AG - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major product...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015