US: Invista and Lenzing team up on stretch denim
DL1961 jeans fuse softness with enhanced shape retention
The cooperation between the two businesses aims to iron out problems encountered by denim mills combining Lycra and Tencel, said Jean Hegedus, Invista’s denim business director.
“As mills began experimenting, they encountered issues such as growth, fabrics not keeping their shape and fabric puckering due to seam slippage,” he explained.
Experiments combining Invista’s Lycra DualFX fabric technology with Tencel have resulted in the development of cellulosic denim fabrics with “significantly improved” shape retention, the two companies said.
Now Invista and Lenzing are to work together to promote the new fabrics, with both companies assigning global sales, marketing and technical teams to the initiative.
These teams will provide joint promotional materials, as well as supply chain support and marketing information, the companies said.
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, g...
Moisture management is the process of transporting moisture in the form of perspiration away from the skin to the outer surface of a fabric or garment where it can evaporate....
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textile sector, including acquisitions, divestments and mergers, business news, financial results, investments ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket