US: Invista and Lenzing team up on stretch denim
DL1961 jeans fuse softness with enhanced shape retention
The cooperation between the two businesses aims to iron out problems encountered by denim mills combining Lycra and Tencel, said Jean Hegedus, Invista’s denim business director.
“As mills began experimenting, they encountered issues such as growth, fabrics not keeping their shape and fabric puckering due to seam slippage,” he explained.
Experiments combining Invista’s Lycra DualFX fabric technology with Tencel have resulted in the development of cellulosic denim fabrics with “significantly improved” shape retention, the two companies said.
Now Invista and Lenzing are to work together to promote the new fabrics, with both companies assigning global sales, marketing and technical teams to the initiative.
These teams will provide joint promotional materials, as well as supply chain support and marketing information, the companies said.
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, g...
Moisture management is the process of transporting moisture in the form of perspiration away from the skin to the outer surface of a fabric or garment where it can evaporate....
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textile sector, including acquisitions, divestments and mergers, business news, financial results, investments ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: environmentally friendly sportswear; environmentally friendly workwear; fabrics for outerwear; fibrefill; fibres for sportswear; insulat...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead