US: Invista and Lenzing team up on stretch denim
DL1961 jeans fuse softness with enhanced shape retention
The cooperation between the two businesses aims to iron out problems encountered by denim mills combining Lycra and Tencel, said Jean Hegedus, Invista’s denim business director.
“As mills began experimenting, they encountered issues such as growth, fabrics not keeping their shape and fabric puckering due to seam slippage,” he explained.
Experiments combining Invista’s Lycra DualFX fabric technology with Tencel have resulted in the development of cellulosic denim fabrics with “significantly improved” shape retention, the two companies said.
Now Invista and Lenzing are to work together to promote the new fabrics, with both companies assigning global sales, marketing and technical teams to the initiative.
These teams will provide joint promotional materials, as well as supply chain support and marketing information, the companies said.
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, g...
Synopsis Canadean's "CALIDA Holding AG - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major product...
US fibre maker Invista and Austrian cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing Group have collaborated for a second time on a denim project....
Israel-based nylon producer Nilit has acquired Invista's Americana, Brazil manufacturing site - adding its nylon 6.6 operations to the company's existing facilities in the US, China and Israel....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape