US: Invista Apparel selects demand planning software
Fibre maker Invista Apparel has invested in new demand planning software to manage the overall accuracy and financial health of its supply chain.
The Zemeter Demand Planner from Supply Chain Consultants will help reduce inventories, manage shipments and what-if scenarios
Invista Apparel is behind brands such as Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric, and its market segments include ready-to-wear denim and sweaters, intimate apparel, swimwear, active wear and leg wear.
"We needed a demand planning tool that creates a detailed and reliable plan that takes into account the wide variety of variables that can impact our day-to-day decision making," said David Weber, Americas supply chain leader for nylon apparel and specialty polyester for Invista Apparel.
"We are implementing Zemeter to help ensure that sales, marketing, and operations are all working with exactly the same information and focused on the same business goals."
The software will help the firm react quickly to market shifts, supply disruptions, and special events, and is integrated with Invista's SAP ERP system.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Thailand's Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, one of the world's leading producers of polyester yarns and fibres, is on the acquisition trail again after agreeing to buy polyester assets in Pol...
Thailand's Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, one of the world's leading producers of polyester yarns and fibres, is to buy Invista's polyester resins and polyester staple units in the US and M...
Textiles and chemical company Invista is planning significant investment to expand its operations in Texas, the company has announced....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar