CHINA: Invista gains approval for HMD plant in Shanghai
Nylon intermediates and fibre maker Invista is to set up a hexamethylene diamine (HMD) plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park after receiving Environmental Impact Assesment approval from the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau.
HMD is a key intermediate used in a range of applications including textiles and coatings and is used in the production of nylon 6,6.
The site is expected to begin production in 2015, and will produce 215,000 tons of HMD per year.
"This new plant will give Invista and its customers a significant competitive advantage," said senior vice president Steve Kromer, who is responsible for implementing Invista's integrated nylon 6,6 intermediates investment strategy in Asia.
"With new local production, the plant will facilitate the growing needs of our Asia businesses and strengthen our position in the region as supplier of choice."
The company said the site will be the most energy efficient HMD facility in the world.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015