CHINA: Invista gains approval for HMD plant in Shanghai
Nylon intermediates and fibre maker Invista is to set up a hexamethylene diamine (HMD) plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park after receiving Environmental Impact Assesment approval from the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau.
HMD is a key intermediate used in a range of applications including textiles and coatings and is used in the production of nylon 6,6.
The site is expected to begin production in 2015, and will produce 215,000 tons of HMD per year.
"This new plant will give Invista and its customers a significant competitive advantage," said senior vice president Steve Kromer, who is responsible for implementing Invista's integrated nylon 6,6 intermediates investment strategy in Asia.
"With new local production, the plant will facilitate the growing needs of our Asia businesses and strengthen our position in the region as supplier of choice."
The company said the site will be the most energy efficient HMD facility in the world.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape