CHINA: Invista gains approval for HMD plant in Shanghai
Nylon intermediates and fibre maker Invista is to set up a hexamethylene diamine (HMD) plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park after receiving Environmental Impact Assesment approval from the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau.
HMD is a key intermediate used in a range of applications including textiles and coatings and is used in the production of nylon 6,6.
The site is expected to begin production in 2015, and will produce 215,000 tons of HMD per year.
"This new plant will give Invista and its customers a significant competitive advantage," said senior vice president Steve Kromer, who is responsible for implementing Invista's integrated nylon 6,6 intermediates investment strategy in Asia.
"With new local production, the plant will facilitate the growing needs of our Asia businesses and strengthen our position in the region as supplier of choice."
The company said the site will be the most energy efficient HMD facility in the world.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects