CHINA: Invista gains approval for HMD plant in Shanghai
Nylon intermediates and fibre maker Invista is to set up a hexamethylene diamine (HMD) plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park after receiving Environmental Impact Assesment approval from the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau.
HMD is a key intermediate used in a range of applications including textiles and coatings and is used in the production of nylon 6,6.
The site is expected to begin production in 2015, and will produce 215,000 tons of HMD per year.
"This new plant will give Invista and its customers a significant competitive advantage," said senior vice president Steve Kromer, who is responsible for implementing Invista's integrated nylon 6,6 intermediates investment strategy in Asia.
"With new local production, the plant will facilitate the growing needs of our Asia businesses and strengthen our position in the region as supplier of choice."
The company said the site will be the most energy efficient HMD facility in the world.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020