CHINA: Invista gains approval for HMD plant in Shanghai
Nylon intermediates and fibre maker Invista is to set up a hexamethylene diamine (HMD) plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park after receiving Environmental Impact Assesment approval from the Shanghai Environmental Protection Bureau.
HMD is a key intermediate used in a range of applications including textiles and coatings and is used in the production of nylon 6,6.
The site is expected to begin production in 2015, and will produce 215,000 tons of HMD per year.
"This new plant will give Invista and its customers a significant competitive advantage," said senior vice president Steve Kromer, who is responsible for implementing Invista's integrated nylon 6,6 intermediates investment strategy in Asia.
"With new local production, the plant will facilitate the growing needs of our Asia businesses and strengthen our position in the region as supplier of choice."
The company said the site will be the most energy efficient HMD facility in the world.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey