EUROPE: Invista gears up for Lycra Sport fabric roll-out
Invista is introducing its Lycra Sport fabric brand to European retailers in Feb 2010
Fibre maker Invista is introducing its Lycra Sport fabric brand to European brands and retailers next month following its roll-out in the US and China last year.
The performance-driven fabric programme will make an appearance at ISPO, Europe’s largest sporting goods trade show, in Munich, Germany from 7-10 February.
Aimed at both the activewear and outdoor apparel markets, Lycra Sport combines stretch fibre technology with demanding fabric performance testing standards on important parameters such as recovery power.
To be qualified, a fabric must pass minimum standards related to Lycra fibre content, fabric weight, recovery power, bi-directional elongation, fabric set and fabric shrinkage.
Lycra Sport fabric also requires the use of 100% synthetic fibres for moisture management and drier comfort benefits, which is particularly important in a tighter fitting garment.
“From last summer to where we are at the beginning of 2010, the brand is going from strength to strength and we are incredibly proud to share this development with the European markets,” said Simon Whitmarsh-Knight, marketing accounts director at Invista for activewear and outdoor.
Textiles firm Invista is expanding its portfolio of sock products and adding Lycra brandings to a number of ranges. ...
Fibre maker Invista Apparel has invested in new demand planning software to manage the overall accuracy and financial health of its supply chain....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields