EUROPE: Invista gears up for Lycra Sport fabric roll-out
Invista is introducing its Lycra Sport fabric brand to European retailers in Feb 2010
Fibre maker Invista is introducing its Lycra Sport fabric brand to European brands and retailers next month following its roll-out in the US and China last year.
The performance-driven fabric programme will make an appearance at ISPO, Europe’s largest sporting goods trade show, in Munich, Germany from 7-10 February.
Aimed at both the activewear and outdoor apparel markets, Lycra Sport combines stretch fibre technology with demanding fabric performance testing standards on important parameters such as recovery power.
To be qualified, a fabric must pass minimum standards related to Lycra fibre content, fabric weight, recovery power, bi-directional elongation, fabric set and fabric shrinkage.
Lycra Sport fabric also requires the use of 100% synthetic fibres for moisture management and drier comfort benefits, which is particularly important in a tighter fitting garment.
“From last summer to where we are at the beginning of 2010, the brand is going from strength to strength and we are incredibly proud to share this development with the European markets,” said Simon Whitmarsh-Knight, marketing accounts director at Invista for activewear and outdoor.
Textiles firm Invista is expanding its portfolio of sock products and adding Lycra brandings to a number of ranges. ...
Fibre maker Invista Apparel has invested in new demand planning software to manage the overall accuracy and financial health of its supply chain....
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report