EUROPE: Invista gears up for Lycra Sport fabric roll-out
Invista is introducing its Lycra Sport fabric brand to European retailers in Feb 2010
Fibre maker Invista is introducing its Lycra Sport fabric brand to European brands and retailers next month following its roll-out in the US and China last year.
The performance-driven fabric programme will make an appearance at ISPO, Europe’s largest sporting goods trade show, in Munich, Germany from 7-10 February.
Aimed at both the activewear and outdoor apparel markets, Lycra Sport combines stretch fibre technology with demanding fabric performance testing standards on important parameters such as recovery power.
To be qualified, a fabric must pass minimum standards related to Lycra fibre content, fabric weight, recovery power, bi-directional elongation, fabric set and fabric shrinkage.
Lycra Sport fabric also requires the use of 100% synthetic fibres for moisture management and drier comfort benefits, which is particularly important in a tighter fitting garment.
“From last summer to where we are at the beginning of 2010, the brand is going from strength to strength and we are incredibly proud to share this development with the European markets,” said Simon Whitmarsh-Knight, marketing accounts director at Invista for activewear and outdoor.
Textiles firm Invista is expanding its portfolio of sock products and adding Lycra brandings to a number of ranges. ...
Fibre maker Invista Apparel has invested in new demand planning software to manage the overall accuracy and financial health of its supply chain....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey