US: Invista launches new Lycra fibre for intimate apparel
Fibre maker Invista has commercially launched its Lycra with W Technology into the North American market, which it says offers a new level of performance in intimate apparel.
The new fibre is said to improve fabric appearance and uniformity, as well as offering improved whiteness retention, uniformity, colour clarity and better molding for fabrics and garments in intimate apparel.
"In response to the market needs we are able to offer our partners Lycra fibre with W Technology that provides styling flexibility and technical and fashion options that weren't possible before," said Steve Stewart, Invista global director of intimate apparel and swimwear.
"Not only does this fibre set a new standard for performance excellence in whites, but it also provides a new level of colour-blending with nylon companion yarns to enable richer and clearer fashion colours.
"This technology package incorporates new spinning technology, and proprietary dye pickup technology that enables the fibre to become the invisible secret that delivers truly visible improvements for today's intimate apparel."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Invista and Arzeda plan to work together to develop new technologies for producing bio-derived butadiene, an intermediate chemical used in the manufacture of nylon 6,6....
Invista plans to introduce new quality standards for underwear fabrics and two new Lycra-based underwear platforms. ...
Textile conglomerate Arvind Ltd is partnering with fibre producer Invista to launch new denim fabrics onto the Indian market....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022