US: Invista launches underwear quality standards
Invista plans to introduce new quality standards for underwear fabrics and two new Lycra-based underwear platforms.
A survey conducted by the fibre producer found a number of gaps in the underwear market, including a lack of consistency in current fabric testing measures and no suitable basic standard for underwear fabrics.
"Invista was surprised to identify such a gap and problem in the underwear market, and we have spent time and resources in the past years to fill this gap with a proprietary test method, which is part of a new quality standard specifically engineered for low Lycra fibre content fabrics blended with natural fibres that go into underwear," said Invista's global underwear segment leader Kim Chi Phung.
"We are raising the bar in the underwear industry to bring the end-consumers more comfortable and longer-lasting underwear, and we're very excited about what this will mean for the market.
"With this, underwear has become a new strategic marketing focus for us."
The company has also designed two new Lycra platforms for underwear, Lycra Int!mate and Lycra Freef!t, designed for women and men, respectively.
"The gender-specific brands offer a more dynamic and targeted approach to consumer appeal," said Phung.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam