US: Invista launches underwear quality standards
Invista plans to introduce new quality standards for underwear fabrics and two new Lycra-based underwear platforms.
A survey conducted by the fibre producer found a number of gaps in the underwear market, including a lack of consistency in current fabric testing measures and no suitable basic standard for underwear fabrics.
"Invista was surprised to identify such a gap and problem in the underwear market, and we have spent time and resources in the past years to fill this gap with a proprietary test method, which is part of a new quality standard specifically engineered for low Lycra fibre content fabrics blended with natural fibres that go into underwear," said Invista's global underwear segment leader Kim Chi Phung.
"We are raising the bar in the underwear industry to bring the end-consumers more comfortable and longer-lasting underwear, and we're very excited about what this will mean for the market.
"With this, underwear has become a new strategic marketing focus for us."
The company has also designed two new Lycra platforms for underwear, Lycra Int!mate and Lycra Freef!t, designed for women and men, respectively.
"The gender-specific brands offer a more dynamic and targeted approach to consumer appeal," said Phung.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey