US: Invista launches underwear quality standards
Invista plans to introduce new quality standards for underwear fabrics and two new Lycra-based underwear platforms.
A survey conducted by the fibre producer found a number of gaps in the underwear market, including a lack of consistency in current fabric testing measures and no suitable basic standard for underwear fabrics.
"Invista was surprised to identify such a gap and problem in the underwear market, and we have spent time and resources in the past years to fill this gap with a proprietary test method, which is part of a new quality standard specifically engineered for low Lycra fibre content fabrics blended with natural fibres that go into underwear," said Invista's global underwear segment leader Kim Chi Phung.
"We are raising the bar in the underwear industry to bring the end-consumers more comfortable and longer-lasting underwear, and we're very excited about what this will mean for the market.
"With this, underwear has become a new strategic marketing focus for us."
The company has also designed two new Lycra platforms for underwear, Lycra Int!mate and Lycra Freef!t, designed for women and men, respectively.
"The gender-specific brands offer a more dynamic and targeted approach to consumer appeal," said Phung.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Vietnam – Are we too late to the party?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- H&M commits to DBL Group's new Ethiopia factory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals