USA: Invista Launches Washable Leather Protector
The product, Dupont Teflon, is resistant to both liquids and dirt, helps leather retain its original colour even after washing, and is invisible to the naked eye.
"As part of our commitment to innovation, Invista invents and improves products that serve as critical applications throughout the value chain," Invista leather business leader Lisa Pfrommer said.
"This revolutionary product will surely appeal to consumers by extending the life of and adding value to their leather goods."
Dupont Teflon is applied to washable leathers at licensed tanneries where precise processes are followed to ensure effective and even application of the protector to hides.
Leapfrog (Leadership for European Apparel Production From Research along Original Guidelines) is an ambitious European research project aimed at collating and dissipating information across Europe's t...
Nylon maker Nilit is to purchase Invista's nylon apparel fibre facility in Oestringen, Germany and buy the entire nylon apparel fibre product produced by Invista at its plant in Gloucester, UK....
Spanish stretch-fabrics maker Dogi International Fabrics is set to increase its Asian fibre procurement rates as it steps up production in the region, communications director Ana Cano said....
Fibres business Invista has appointed three new members to its board of directors to replace members who are leaving to join Georgia-Pacific....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Yarn maker Unifi Inc has reported an increased net loss for the fourth quarter of 2005, but said that it narrowed its loss for the 2005 financial year....
Fibre giant Invista BV and chemical maker EI du Pont de Nemours and Company have finalised the transfer of all DuPont's interest in joint venture company Grupo Centek to Fibers Mexico Holdings S de R ...
Fibre giant Invista has spun off its electro-textile arm after securing investor financing....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack