NETHERLANDS: Invista starts operations at nylon salt plant
Fibre maker Invista has started production at its new nylon salt factory in Rozenburg, the Netherlands.
The facility, which is an extension of its existing polymer manufacturing plant, will serve the company's European fibre and plastic customers through its integrated supply chain.
"The addition of a salt facility in Rozenburg will provide our customers a security of upstream, local supply, while further improving our responsiveness to market needs," said Kurt Burmeister, executive vice president of Invista Engineering Polymers.
"With our ability to produce salt, polymer and compounded products in our own European facilities, Invista can develop new products to meet those needs."
The site produces nylon polymer for use in functional activewear for hiking, cycling and running, intimate apparel and hosiery, as well as vehicle applications.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric brand owner Invista has launched Coolmax Air fibre technology, designed to provide improved moisture-management and breathability for apparel....
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack