NETHERLANDS: Invista starts operations at nylon salt plant
Fibre maker Invista has started production at its new nylon salt factory in Rozenburg, the Netherlands.
The facility, which is an extension of its existing polymer manufacturing plant, will serve the company's European fibre and plastic customers through its integrated supply chain.
"The addition of a salt facility in Rozenburg will provide our customers a security of upstream, local supply, while further improving our responsiveness to market needs," said Kurt Burmeister, executive vice president of Invista Engineering Polymers.
"With our ability to produce salt, polymer and compounded products in our own European facilities, Invista can develop new products to meet those needs."
The site produces nylon polymer for use in functional activewear for hiking, cycling and running, intimate apparel and hosiery, as well as vehicle applications.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric brand owner Invista has launched Coolmax Air fibre technology, designed to provide improved moisture-management and breathability for apparel....
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019