NETHERLANDS: Invista starts operations at nylon salt plant
Fibre maker Invista has started production at its new nylon salt factory in Rozenburg, the Netherlands.
The facility, which is an extension of its existing polymer manufacturing plant, will serve the company's European fibre and plastic customers through its integrated supply chain.
"The addition of a salt facility in Rozenburg will provide our customers a security of upstream, local supply, while further improving our responsiveness to market needs," said Kurt Burmeister, executive vice president of Invista Engineering Polymers.
"With our ability to produce salt, polymer and compounded products in our own European facilities, Invista can develop new products to meet those needs."
The site produces nylon polymer for use in functional activewear for hiking, cycling and running, intimate apparel and hosiery, as well as vehicle applications.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric brand owner Invista has launched Coolmax Air fibre technology, designed to provide improved moisture-management and breathability for apparel....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020