NETHERLANDS: Invista starts operations at nylon salt plant
Fibre maker Invista has started production at its new nylon salt factory in Rozenburg, the Netherlands.
The facility, which is an extension of its existing polymer manufacturing plant, will serve the company's European fibre and plastic customers through its integrated supply chain.
"The addition of a salt facility in Rozenburg will provide our customers a security of upstream, local supply, while further improving our responsiveness to market needs," said Kurt Burmeister, executive vice president of Invista Engineering Polymers.
"With our ability to produce salt, polymer and compounded products in our own European facilities, Invista can develop new products to meet those needs."
The site produces nylon polymer for use in functional activewear for hiking, cycling and running, intimate apparel and hosiery, as well as vehicle applications.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric brand owner Invista has launched Coolmax Air fibre technology, designed to provide improved moisture-management and breathability for apparel....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Clothing made from temperature control fabrics plays a critical role in boosting the physiological comfort of the wearer -- and such comfort can have a vital role to play in the performance of an athl...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead