NETHERLANDS: Invista starts operations at nylon salt plant
Fibre maker Invista has started production at its new nylon salt factory in Rozenburg, the Netherlands.
The facility, which is an extension of its existing polymer manufacturing plant, will serve the company's European fibre and plastic customers through its integrated supply chain.
"The addition of a salt facility in Rozenburg will provide our customers a security of upstream, local supply, while further improving our responsiveness to market needs," said Kurt Burmeister, executive vice president of Invista Engineering Polymers.
"With our ability to produce salt, polymer and compounded products in our own European facilities, Invista can develop new products to meet those needs."
The site produces nylon polymer for use in functional activewear for hiking, cycling and running, intimate apparel and hosiery, as well as vehicle applications.
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
Lycra fibre and Coolmax fabric brand owner Invista has launched Coolmax Air fibre technology, designed to provide improved moisture-management and breathability for apparel....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Fibre company Invista has partnered with Taiwan's Tiong Liong Corporation to expand its Cordura Air Flow Technology (AFT) fabric collection....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges