UK: Invista To Axe 200 Workers At Nylon Plant
The plant, formerly owned by chemical giant DuPont, currently employs about 900 workers.
It was bought by subsidiaries of US-based group Koch Industries as part of its £2.5 billion buyout of Invista late last year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Leapfrog (Leadership for European Apparel Production From Research along Original Guidelines) is an ambitious European research project aimed at collating and dissipating information across Europe's t...
Nylon maker Nilit is to purchase Invista's nylon apparel fibre facility in Oestringen, Germany and buy the entire nylon apparel fibre product produced by Invista at its plant in Gloucester, UK....
Spanish stretch-fabrics maker Dogi International Fabrics is set to increase its Asian fibre procurement rates as it steps up production in the region, communications director Ana Cano said....
Fibres business Invista has appointed three new members to its board of directors to replace members who are leaving to join Georgia-Pacific....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Yarn maker Unifi Inc has reported an increased net loss for the fourth quarter of 2005, but said that it narrowed its loss for the 2005 financial year....
Fibre giant Invista BV and chemical maker EI du Pont de Nemours and Company have finalised the transfer of all DuPont's interest in joint venture company Grupo Centek to Fibers Mexico Holdings S de R ...
Fibre giant Invista has spun off its electro-textile arm after securing investor financing....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts