ITALY: IPO values Brunello Cucinelli at EUR527m
High-end Italian clothier Ermenegildo Zegna and fashion retailer Benetton Group SpA have both bought shares in luxury fashion firm Brunello Cucinelli SpA, which this week completed an initial public offering in Milan.
Cashmere specialist Cucinelli described its IPO as an "enormous success," with the final price set at EUR7.75 per share - which is at the top of the planned range. It said the order book was 17 times higher than the available shares. Benetton bought a 2% stake in the firm, while Ermenegildo Zegna took 3%.
The offer means the new company, which will debut on the Milan bourse on 27 April, will have a market capitalisation of EUR527m (US$697m).
Brunello Cucinelli, which was founded in 1978, employs over 700 people and in 2011 saw its net turnover rise 19% to EUR243m. 70% of its sales were achieved overseas, and EBITDA soared 68% to EUR40m.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects