ITALY: IPO values Brunello Cucinelli at EUR527m
High-end Italian clothier Ermenegildo Zegna and fashion retailer Benetton Group SpA have both bought shares in luxury fashion firm Brunello Cucinelli SpA, which this week completed an initial public offering in Milan.
Cashmere specialist Cucinelli described its IPO as an "enormous success," with the final price set at EUR7.75 per share - which is at the top of the planned range. It said the order book was 17 times higher than the available shares. Benetton bought a 2% stake in the firm, while Ermenegildo Zegna took 3%.
The offer means the new company, which will debut on the Milan bourse on 27 April, will have a market capitalisation of EUR527m (US$697m).
Brunello Cucinelli, which was founded in 1978, employs over 700 people and in 2011 saw its net turnover rise 19% to EUR243m. 70% of its sales were achieved overseas, and EBITDA soared 68% to EUR40m.
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras