ITALY: IPO values Brunello Cucinelli at EUR527m
High-end Italian clothier Ermenegildo Zegna and fashion retailer Benetton Group SpA have both bought shares in luxury fashion firm Brunello Cucinelli SpA, which this week completed an initial public offering in Milan.
Cashmere specialist Cucinelli described its IPO as an "enormous success," with the final price set at EUR7.75 per share - which is at the top of the planned range. It said the order book was 17 times higher than the available shares. Benetton bought a 2% stake in the firm, while Ermenegildo Zegna took 3%.
The offer means the new company, which will debut on the Milan bourse on 27 April, will have a market capitalisation of EUR527m (US$697m).
Brunello Cucinelli, which was founded in 1978, employs over 700 people and in 2011 saw its net turnover rise 19% to EUR243m. 70% of its sales were achieved overseas, and EBITDA soared 68% to EUR40m.
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Esquel CEO says automation core to competitiveness
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- VF Corp and Kohl's join White House climate pledge
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Adidas develops high-tech swimwear range
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory