ITALY: IPO values Brunello Cucinelli at EUR527m
High-end Italian clothier Ermenegildo Zegna and fashion retailer Benetton Group SpA have both bought shares in luxury fashion firm Brunello Cucinelli SpA, which this week completed an initial public offering in Milan.
Cashmere specialist Cucinelli described its IPO as an "enormous success," with the final price set at EUR7.75 per share - which is at the top of the planned range. It said the order book was 17 times higher than the available shares. Benetton bought a 2% stake in the firm, while Ermenegildo Zegna took 3%.
The offer means the new company, which will debut on the Milan bourse on 27 April, will have a market capitalisation of EUR527m (US$697m).
Brunello Cucinelli, which was founded in 1978, employs over 700 people and in 2011 saw its net turnover rise 19% to EUR243m. 70% of its sales were achieved overseas, and EBITDA soared 68% to EUR40m.
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies