ITALY: IPO values Brunello Cucinelli at EUR527m
High-end Italian clothier Ermenegildo Zegna and fashion retailer Benetton Group SpA have both bought shares in luxury fashion firm Brunello Cucinelli SpA, which this week completed an initial public offering in Milan.
Cashmere specialist Cucinelli described its IPO as an "enormous success," with the final price set at EUR7.75 per share - which is at the top of the planned range. It said the order book was 17 times higher than the available shares. Benetton bought a 2% stake in the firm, while Ermenegildo Zegna took 3%.
The offer means the new company, which will debut on the Milan bourse on 27 April, will have a market capitalisation of EUR527m (US$697m).
Brunello Cucinelli, which was founded in 1978, employs over 700 people and in 2011 saw its net turnover rise 19% to EUR243m. 70% of its sales were achieved overseas, and EBITDA soared 68% to EUR40m.
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey