ITALY: IT Holding shares soar on investor talks
Shares in IT Holding SpA, owner of the Gianfranco Ferré fashion brand, rose nearly 30% yesterday (4 January) after the luxury goods group said it had received an expression of interest from a foreign fund.
The firm said it had instructed its CEO to look into the proposal, which includes a capital increase and the repurchase of a bond.
Earlier this week the Milan-based company revealed it is in talks with a number of investors, including one which would help "rebalance the company's finances."
IT Holding, which licences labels such as Versace, Just Cavalli and Galliano, added that it is still in talks with Chinese firm Mensun, a company represented by Chinese businessman Billy Ngok, but that discussions are no longer on an exclusive basis.
Textile group Gamma Holding recorded a first half loss of EUR53.3m (US$75.4m), despite a turnover gain from the company's exotic fabrics business....
Japanese apparel maker Minoya Co has acquired a major stake in United Arrows in order to strengthen business ties with the leading Tokyo-based clothing company....
Women's wear retailer Charlotte Russe highlighted the progress made by the company in reporting a slight fall in third quarter profits, but reduced markdowns....
Mariella Burani Fashion Group has announced that Gabriele Fontanesi will assume the role of chief executive officer there as of September 2009....
Indian fabric and apparel maker S Kumars Nationwide Ltd, one half of an investment group that has successfully bid for bankrupt US suit maker Hartmarx Corporation, has posted a 5.1% drop in full-year ...
Italian holding company Eldo Srl is hoping to speed the introduction of new clothing lines under its Freesoul denim fashion label by turning to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to manage its design ...
Representatives from the US apparel and footwear industry have spoken out again against a bill that would provide fashion designs with three years of copyright protection - and say they will continue ...
Jil Sander chief executive Gian Giacomo Ferraris has been appointed as the new CEO of Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace SpA, it has been widely reported....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022