INDIA: Italian machinery makers back training centre
The Association of Italian Textile Machinery Manufacturers (ACIMIT) has signed an agreement to set up a training centre in India.
The facility in Ichalkaranji, which is being set up with the Dattajirao Kadam Education society's Textile & Engineering Institute (DKTE), will provide local manufacturers with free access to textile machinery for up to three years, and train them how to use it.
It will also award scholarships to three students to help them pursue their professional training.
Sandro Salmoiraghi, president of ACIMIT, said: "Through this technology training centre, ACIMIT intends to strengthen the profitable relationship which already exists with India's textile industry."
The centre will help the Italian businesses supplying machinery and the whole of Italy's textile sector, Salmoiraghi added.
The market in India is currently the third most important destination for Italian machinery exports, accounting for EUR58m worth of sales in the first half of 2012.
The technology training centre is part of a wider initiative called Machines Italia in India, which is financed by the Ministry for Economic Development (MiSE) and aims to help textile companies grow internationally.
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report