JAPAN: Italy's Filanto To Sell Its Shoes In Japan
Europe's largest shoemaker, the Italian firm Filanto SpA, has opened an office in Japan and is in talks with wholesalers and retailers to sell men's and women's leather footwear in the country. The firm also hopes to supply shoes for local companies under an OEM agreement. Filanto, which produces 10 million pairs of shoes a year, posted sales of 140 million euro in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth