USA: Ithaca Industries Announces Chapter 11 Filing
Ithaca Industries, Inc., one of the nation's largest manufacturers of private-brand men's and boys' underwear and outerwear and women's underwear products, announced today that it has filed for chapter 11 relief in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.Ithaca's Chief Executive Officer, Jim D. Waller said that "after pursuing several alternatives, the Company determined that filing for chapter 11 relief at this time was in the Company's best interest and the best interests of its customers, vendors and suppliers." Mr. Waller also said that "while he regrets the decision to have to file for chapter 11, the Company believed that it was the best means available for maximizing the value of its estate."Ithaca also announced that it has reached an agreement with its existing bank group on financing to fund its operations.Ithaca Industries, Inc. is one of the largest manufacturers of private- brand men's and boys' underwear and outerwear and women's underwear products in the United States. Products are sold through a wide range of retail distribution channels and are offered to the public through more than 10,000 customer outlets, including discount stores, department stores and specialty stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack