USA: Ithaca Industries Announces Chapter 11 Filing
Ithaca Industries, Inc., one of the nation's largest manufacturers of private-brand men's and boys' underwear and outerwear and women's underwear products, announced today that it has filed for chapter 11 relief in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.Ithaca's Chief Executive Officer, Jim D. Waller said that "after pursuing several alternatives, the Company determined that filing for chapter 11 relief at this time was in the Company's best interest and the best interests of its customers, vendors and suppliers." Mr. Waller also said that "while he regrets the decision to have to file for chapter 11, the Company believed that it was the best means available for maximizing the value of its estate."Ithaca also announced that it has reached an agreement with its existing bank group on financing to fund its operations.Ithaca Industries, Inc. is one of the largest manufacturers of private- brand men's and boys' underwear and outerwear and women's underwear products in the United States. Products are sold through a wide range of retail distribution channels and are offered to the public through more than 10,000 customer outlets, including discount stores, department stores and specialty stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report