JAPAN: Itochu Signs Head Apparel Licensing Deal
Japanese apparel company Itochu Corporation has signed a master licensing deal with Austrian athletic goods manufacturer Head Group for the manufacturing, distribution and retail of Head-branded goods in Japan.
The licensing business, which will come into effect from April 2005, will allow Itochu to make sublicensing agreements with apparel manufactures in order to expand the Head brand throughout the Japanese market.
Merchandise involved in the licensing deal includes skiing, snowboarding and golfing apparel.
The lines will retail at general merchandise stores, specialty casual stores and volume sports goods retailers, and will focus on the 20-40 year-old casual sportswear market.
The companies are targeting retail sales of JPY13 billion for the first year of the business, and JPY20bn for the fifth year.
1950-established Head sells both 'fashion' and 'performance' lines under a variety of brands including the core Head brand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report