US: ITS improves costing and engineering capabilities
Contract manufacturer Integrated Textile Solutions (ITS), which produces military, industrial, and specialty textile and apparel products, has advanced its costing and engineering capabilities with software from Methods Workshop.
The Quick TruCost (QTC) and Engineered TruCost (ETC) software will help accelerate new business quote response time and improve production costing and methods engineering.
The tools have been implemented at its Salem, Virginia facilities.
"We saw an opportunity to capture a greater percentage of re-shoring and other new business opportunities by turning quotes faster and offering the most competitive production costs and service in our market," explains ITS chief operating officer Dan Pittman.
"As we grow in the use of this software, we will continue to achieve significant productivity and other improvements throughout our operations."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar