US: ITS improves costing and engineering capabilities
Contract manufacturer Integrated Textile Solutions (ITS), which produces military, industrial, and specialty textile and apparel products, has advanced its costing and engineering capabilities with software from Methods Workshop.
The Quick TruCost (QTC) and Engineered TruCost (ETC) software will help accelerate new business quote response time and improve production costing and methods engineering.
The tools have been implemented at its Salem, Virginia facilities.
"We saw an opportunity to capture a greater percentage of re-shoring and other new business opportunities by turning quotes faster and offering the most competitive production costs and service in our market," explains ITS chief operating officer Dan Pittman.
"As we grow in the use of this software, we will continue to achieve significant productivity and other improvements throughout our operations."
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory