US: ITS improves costing and engineering capabilities
Contract manufacturer Integrated Textile Solutions (ITS), which produces military, industrial, and specialty textile and apparel products, has advanced its costing and engineering capabilities with software from Methods Workshop.
The Quick TruCost (QTC) and Engineered TruCost (ETC) software will help accelerate new business quote response time and improve production costing and methods engineering.
The tools have been implemented at its Salem, Virginia facilities.
"We saw an opportunity to capture a greater percentage of re-shoring and other new business opportunities by turning quotes faster and offering the most competitive production costs and service in our market," explains ITS chief operating officer Dan Pittman.
"As we grow in the use of this software, we will continue to achieve significant productivity and other improvements throughout our operations."
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention