USA: Ivana Trump Sued For Using Clothing Assets To Repair Yacht
A clothing firm has filed a civil suit against Ivana Trump claiming she illegally transferred assets from the company to buy property in Florida and pay for repairs to her yacht, it was reported on Tuesday.
According to the New York Post, Arizona-based MPA International is owed around $200,000 by the ex-wife of property magnate Donald Trump after she allegedly transferred House of Ivana assets to another firm, Ivana Haute Couture.
The paper said MPA is also seeking interest on the sum as well as legal costs in the suit, which was filed in Arizona last week.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"