US: J Brand coy on possible sale or IPO
Los Angeles-based apparel retailer J Brand has remained coy on speculation it is exploring strategic options including the potential sale or flotation of the company and has hired independent financial advisor Morgan Stanley.
The luxury denim specialist has sent out pitch books over the last two to three weeks, according to Reuters. Reported potential buyers include sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd, apparel and footwear company The Jones Group, as well as sportswear group VF Corp, the report added.
First round bids are reportedly expected soon.
J Brand and Morgan Stanley declined to comment when contacted by just-style today (3 July).
Activists are to stage candlelight vigils at Edinburgh Woollen Mill stores across the UK this week, urging the retailer to pay compensation to the victims and families of those killed and injured in t...
A group of US lawmakers is calling on President Barack Obama to take action in the wake of the recent fire in Bangladesh to ensure that clothing imported into the US - particularly products for the mi...
The garment factory in Bangladesh where a fire at the weekend killed at least 111 people and injured another 100 had been making clothing for Wal-Mart without its knowledge, the world's largest retail...
Bangladesh is to hold a national day of mourning tomorrow (27 November) after at least 111 people were killed and another 100 injured in a garment factory fire on Saturday....
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung has remained coy on speculation it is in talks to acquire South Korean children's apparel manufacturer Suhyang Networks....
A group of buyers representing some 20 global brands and retailers is this week visiting Bangladesh as part of a wider regional tour to explore sourcing alternatives to China....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report