US: J Brand enters men’s denim market
Women's jeans specialist J Brand is entering the men's wear market with the launch of its J Brand Denim Co label.
The company says the new line, developed by vintage denim expert Sean Hornbeak, is "based on modern basics with a vintage sensibility".
Hornbeak, co-owner of denim store and tailoring shop Denim Revival, has more than 18 years' experience.
"My vision with the creation of J Brand Denim Co is to provide a line that represents the everyday guy - the masses - and to build it so that it's affordable, yet finely crafted," he said.
The line includes three basic bodies available in vintage-inspired washes.
The brand is being launched at Project Las Vegas today (13 February), with retail prices set at US$185-225.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Private equity firm The Carlyle Group is to buy a 48% stake in Moncler SpA, the holding company of high-end sportswear maker Moncler Group, as part of a move to grow the company globally....
Strong momentum from its Ugg brand helped Deckers Outdoor Corporation to post a 129% surge in second quarter earnings per share, after adjustments....
Disappointing sales of its intimate apparel lines in department stores and national chain stores have pushed Maidenform Brands Inc to a 17.9% drop in second quarter profit and forced it to cut its out...
Profits at Germany sports goods giant Puma fell 4.3% in the first half of 2008, despite a recovery in sales and earnings in the second quarter....
Sports goods maker Adidas, an official sportswear partner of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, today (7 August) said it is on track to achieve sales of more than EUR1bn (US$1.5bn) in China by 2010 - and...
Shoe maker Steven Madden Ltd has signed a new licensing deal with Kimora Lee Simmons' KLSI and Phat Fashions to design, manufacture, market and distribute a collection of footwear and accessories for ...
Retail chain Marks and Spencer has confirmed to just-style that the design director of its Per Una clothing brand, Emma Trayner, will be leaving the company next week....
Outdoor apparel firm Columbia Sportswear Company and the Discovery Channel have signed a media partnership agreement for 2008 that includes sponsorship of two US programmes....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts