US: J Crew confirms Asia ambitions with Hong Kong stores
J Crew first announced its decision to enter Asia in August 201
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has confirmed plans to open two stores in Hong Kong later this year.
The stores will be the company's first in Asia Pacific and follow J Crew's three UK store openings last autumn. The stores will be located in the International Finance Centre mall, and On Lan Street in Central.
The IFC location will be a women's J Crew Collection store, while the On Lan Street store will offer men's clothes. Both will open in May.
"Opening in Hong Kong is an easy decision for us - it's one of the world's greatest cities with great energy and great appreciation of style, design and creativity," said chairman and chief executive Millard Drexler.
J Crew first announced its decision to enter Asia in August 2012. However, it had hoped to open the Hong Kong stores last year.
In the same year, the company partnered with designer department store chain Lane Crawford to introduce its women's and men's wear to shoppers in Asia.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
US fashion retailer J Crew Group is entering what it describes as a new phase in its international expansion with the opening of its first stores in France....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide