US: J Crew confirms Asia ambitions with Hong Kong stores
J Crew first announced its decision to enter Asia in August 201
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has confirmed plans to open two stores in Hong Kong later this year.
The stores will be the company's first in Asia Pacific and follow J Crew's three UK store openings last autumn. The stores will be located in the International Finance Centre mall, and On Lan Street in Central.
The IFC location will be a women's J Crew Collection store, while the On Lan Street store will offer men's clothes. Both will open in May.
"Opening in Hong Kong is an easy decision for us - it's one of the world's greatest cities with great energy and great appreciation of style, design and creativity," said chairman and chief executive Millard Drexler.
J Crew first announced its decision to enter Asia in August 2012. However, it had hoped to open the Hong Kong stores last year.
In the same year, the company partnered with designer department store chain Lane Crawford to introduce its women's and men's wear to shoppers in Asia.
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
US fashion retailer J Crew Group is entering what it describes as a new phase in its international expansion with the opening of its first stores in France....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange