US: J Crew confirms Asia ambitions with Hong Kong stores
J Crew first announced its decision to enter Asia in August 201
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has confirmed plans to open two stores in Hong Kong later this year.
The stores will be the company's first in Asia Pacific and follow J Crew's three UK store openings last autumn. The stores will be located in the International Finance Centre mall, and On Lan Street in Central.
The IFC location will be a women's J Crew Collection store, while the On Lan Street store will offer men's clothes. Both will open in May.
"Opening in Hong Kong is an easy decision for us - it's one of the world's greatest cities with great energy and great appreciation of style, design and creativity," said chairman and chief executive Millard Drexler.
J Crew first announced its decision to enter Asia in August 2012. However, it had hoped to open the Hong Kong stores last year.
In the same year, the company partnered with designer department store chain Lane Crawford to introduce its women's and men's wear to shoppers in Asia.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
US fashion retailer J Crew Group is entering what it describes as a new phase in its international expansion with the opening of its first stores in France....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019