US: J Crew first-quarter profit falls 4.6%
- Q1 profit fell 4.6% to $29.3m
- Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m
- Comparable sales rose 5%
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has seen its first-quarter profit fall 4.6% after increased costs offset higher revenues.
Net income stood at US$29.3m for the three months to 4 May, compared to $30.7m in the same period last year.
Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m from $503.5m the prior year, and comparable sales rose 5%. Store sales were up 7% to $380.2m, while direct sales jumped 23% to $176.2m.
Gross margin fell to 44.7% against 47.6% the prior year.
Selling, general and administrative expenses, however, increased 8.6% to $178.4m against $164.2m the year before.
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has booked an increase in earnings and sales in the third quarter. ...
J. Crew Group, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew Group has said it expects third-quarter revenues to increase in the high-single to low-double digit range, from US$555.8m last year....
Overall store growth was flat as some major chains are aiming to improve store productivity by closing underperforming locations and independents and growing chains seek out new opportunities to expan...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey