US: J Crew first-quarter profit falls 4.6%
- Q1 profit fell 4.6% to $29.3m
- Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m
- Comparable sales rose 5%
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has seen its first-quarter profit fall 4.6% after increased costs offset higher revenues.
Net income stood at US$29.3m for the three months to 4 May, compared to $30.7m in the same period last year.
Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m from $503.5m the prior year, and comparable sales rose 5%. Store sales were up 7% to $380.2m, while direct sales jumped 23% to $176.2m.
Gross margin fell to 44.7% against 47.6% the prior year.
Selling, general and administrative expenses, however, increased 8.6% to $178.4m against $164.2m the year before.
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has booked an increase in earnings and sales in the third quarter. ...
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew Group has said it expects third-quarter revenues to increase in the high-single to low-double digit range, from US$555.8m last year....
Retail demand for virtual fitting rooms has "rocketed" during 2013, according to the London-based supplier of one such solution, which also claims the technology has a key role in reducing garment ret...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis