US: J Crew first-quarter profit falls 4.6%
- Q1 profit fell 4.6% to $29.3m
- Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m
- Comparable sales rose 5%
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has seen its first-quarter profit fall 4.6% after increased costs offset higher revenues.
Net income stood at US$29.3m for the three months to 4 May, compared to $30.7m in the same period last year.
Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m from $503.5m the prior year, and comparable sales rose 5%. Store sales were up 7% to $380.2m, while direct sales jumped 23% to $176.2m.
Gross margin fell to 44.7% against 47.6% the prior year.
Selling, general and administrative expenses, however, increased 8.6% to $178.4m against $164.2m the year before.
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has booked an increase in earnings and sales in the third quarter. ...
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew Group has said it expects third-quarter revenues to increase in the high-single to low-double digit range, from US$555.8m last year....
Retail demand for virtual fitting rooms has "rocketed" during 2013, according to the London-based supplier of one such solution, which also claims the technology has a key role in reducing garment ret...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis