US: J Crew first-quarter profit falls 4.6%
- Q1 profit fell 4.6% to $29.3m
- Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m
- Comparable sales rose 5%
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has seen its first-quarter profit fall 4.6% after increased costs offset higher revenues.
Net income stood at US$29.3m for the three months to 4 May, compared to $30.7m in the same period last year.
Revenues increased 12% to $564.1m from $503.5m the prior year, and comparable sales rose 5%. Store sales were up 7% to $380.2m, while direct sales jumped 23% to $176.2m.
Gross margin fell to 44.7% against 47.6% the prior year.
Selling, general and administrative expenses, however, increased 8.6% to $178.4m against $164.2m the year before.
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has booked an increase in earnings and sales in the third quarter. ...
J. Crew Group, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew Group has said it expects third-quarter revenues to increase in the high-single to low-double digit range, from US$555.8m last year....
Overall store growth was flat as some major chains are aiming to improve store productivity by closing underperforming locations and independents and growing chains seek out new opportunities to expan...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
Retail demand for virtual fitting rooms has "rocketed" during 2013, according to the London-based supplier of one such solution, which also claims the technology has a key role in reducing garment ret...
US clothing retailer J Crew saw second quarter net income fall as weaker margins offset revenue growth....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change