HONG KONG: J Crew marks Asia return with store openings
Fashion retailer J Crew Group has marked its return to Asia with the opening of two stores in Hong Kong.
The move come two years after the New York-based company announced its intention to open stores in the country, and eight years after it pulled out of Japan. It also follows the opening of three stores in the UK last year. A fourth is due to open in September.
The two stores in Hong Kong comprise a women's collection store in the International Finance Centre and a men's shop at On Lan Street in Central.
The women's J Crew Collection store offers a selection of limited-edition designs, Point Sur denim, Italian cashmere and includes exclusive fabrics and prints, along with jewelery, accessories and a shoe collection.
The men's shop is designed as a specialty store housing three floors of J Crew's best menswear designs including the full Ludlow suiting and shirting collection, in addition to Wallace & Barnes, denim, and a shoe collection.
Both locations will offer a VIP programme providing services such as exclusive access to new collections, home or office delivery, monogramming, alterations, one-on-one style appointments, and before and after store hours.
It understood J Crew is looking to expand gradually in Asia, with five or six stores opening in Hong Kong in the next few years, and possibly a return to Japan. A potential store opening is also said to be planned for China.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing retailer J Crew slid to a fourth quarter and full-year loss, impacted by large-scale charges related to impairment and refinancing....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar