US: J Crew Q4 profit slumps as margins shrink
- Q4 net profit down 42% to US$5.9m
- Q4 revenues rise 7% to $686.2m
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer J Crew Group posted a slump in fourth quarter profit thanks to shrinking margins, which fell to 36.8% from 38.4% 12 months earlier.
The US company said store sales had risen 5% in the three months to 1 February, with direct revenues rising 10%.
That helped full-year revenues to increase 9% to $2.428bn, with comparable store sales up 3%, store sales up 6% and direct revenues rising 16%.
Meanwhile, net income for the year fell 8.3% to $88.1m, the company said.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Value and individualism were top priorities for apparel consumers in 2013 and they proved this with their spending habits. Consumers flocked to retailers like Ross Stores and TJX where they are able ...
Overall store growth was flat as some major chains are aiming to improve store productivity by closing underperforming locations and independents and growing chains seek out new opportunities to expan...
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment