US: J Crew Q4 profit slumps as margins shrink
- Q4 net profit down 42% to US$5.9m
- Q4 revenues rise 7% to $686.2m
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer J Crew Group posted a slump in fourth quarter profit thanks to shrinking margins, which fell to 36.8% from 38.4% 12 months earlier.
The US company said store sales had risen 5% in the three months to 1 February, with direct revenues rising 10%.
That helped full-year revenues to increase 9% to $2.428bn, with comparable store sales up 3%, store sales up 6% and direct revenues rising 16%.
Meanwhile, net income for the year fell 8.3% to $88.1m, the company said.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
US fashion retailer J Crew Group is entering what it describes as a new phase in its international expansion with the opening of its first stores in France....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead