US: J Crew Q4 profit slumps as margins shrink
- Q4 net profit down 42% to US$5.9m
- Q4 revenues rise 7% to $686.2m
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer J Crew Group posted a slump in fourth quarter profit thanks to shrinking margins, which fell to 36.8% from 38.4% 12 months earlier.
The US company said store sales had risen 5% in the three months to 1 February, with direct revenues rising 10%.
That helped full-year revenues to increase 9% to $2.428bn, with comparable store sales up 3%, store sales up 6% and direct revenues rising 16%.
Meanwhile, net income for the year fell 8.3% to $88.1m, the company said.
J. Crew Group, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report