US: J Crew Q4 profit slumps as margins shrink
- Q4 net profit down 42% to US$5.9m
- Q4 revenues rise 7% to $686.2m
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer J Crew Group posted a slump in fourth quarter profit thanks to shrinking margins, which fell to 36.8% from 38.4% 12 months earlier.
The US company said store sales had risen 5% in the three months to 1 February, with direct revenues rising 10%.
That helped full-year revenues to increase 9% to $2.428bn, with comparable store sales up 3%, store sales up 6% and direct revenues rising 16%.
Meanwhile, net income for the year fell 8.3% to $88.1m, the company said.
Clothing retailer J Crew slid to a fourth quarter and full-year loss, impacted by large-scale charges related to impairment and refinancing....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- TPP trade deal remains elusive but tantalising
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019