US: J Crew Q4 profit slumps as margins shrink
- Q4 net profit down 42% to US$5.9m
- Q4 revenues rise 7% to $686.2m
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer J Crew Group posted a slump in fourth quarter profit thanks to shrinking margins, which fell to 36.8% from 38.4% 12 months earlier.
The US company said store sales had risen 5% in the three months to 1 February, with direct revenues rising 10%.
That helped full-year revenues to increase 9% to $2.428bn, with comparable store sales up 3%, store sales up 6% and direct revenues rising 16%.
Meanwhile, net income for the year fell 8.3% to $88.1m, the company said.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
US fashion retailer J Crew Group is entering what it describes as a new phase in its international expansion with the opening of its first stores in France....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
Bill Blass has appointed Chris Benz as its creative director as the US fashion business prepares to relaunch as a global lifestyle brand....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket