US: J Crew recalls 8,700 baby coveralls on choking risk
Fashion retailer J Crew Group has recalled around 8,700 baby coveralls after eight reports the snaps on them had detached, posing a choking hazard.
But the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) stressed that no injuries have been reported.
The recall involves all styles of J Crew Holiday 2013 and spring 2014 baby coveralls in sizes newborn to 3T. They were sold at J Crew stores in New York and California, online and via the J Crew catalogue from October 2013 to March 2014 for around $30.
J. Crew Recalls Baby Coveralls Due to Choking Hazard (Recall Alert)
This recall involves all styles of J. Crew Holiday 2013 and Spring 2014 baby coveralls in sizes newborn to 3T. The coveralls were sold in various colors and designs including prints and stripes. A care label sewn into the inside left seam of the garment reads either “HO’ 13” or “SP ’14,” and lists the PO number and style number. PO and style numbers included in the recall are:
PO number: 5046152, Style # 05578, SP’14
PO number: 5046153, Style #A3413, SP’14
PO number: 5046154, Style #A3415, SP’14
PO number: 5046155, Style #A3412, SP’14
PO number: 5046156, Style #A3390, SP’14
PO number: 5046157, Style #A3395, SP’14
PO number: 5046158, Style #A3388, SP’14
PO number: 8041216, Style #08664, HO’13
PO number: 8041362, Style #08661, HO’13
The firm has received eight reports of snaps detaching. No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately stop using the coveralls and contact J. Crew Group, Inc. for full refund. Consumers who purchased the garments online will receive instructions for returning the coveralls. J.Crew is contacting consumers who bought the coveralls directly.
Sold exclusively at
J.Crew stores in New York and California, online at jcrew.com and the J.Crew catalog from October 2013 to March 2014 for about $30.
J. Crew Group Inc., of New York, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2014/J-Crew-Recalls-Baby-Coveralls/
J. Crew Group, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report