USA: J Crew Returns To Q2 Profit, Higher Sales
Multi-channel retailer J Crew Group says it returned to profit in this year's second quarter, encouraged by better sales and higher prices.
Second-quarter net income increased to $2 million from a net loss of $14m in the same period last year.
Net sales rose 22 per cent to $229m from $188m a year ago, while same-store sales for the quarter increased 15 per cent.
J Crew Group Inc sells quality women's and men's apparel, shoes and accessories.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective