USA: J Crew Returns To Q2 Profit, Higher Sales
Multi-channel retailer J Crew Group says it returned to profit in this year's second quarter, encouraged by better sales and higher prices.
Second-quarter net income increased to $2 million from a net loss of $14m in the same period last year.
Net sales rose 22 per cent to $229m from $188m a year ago, while same-store sales for the quarter increased 15 per cent.
J Crew Group Inc sells quality women's and men's apparel, shoes and accessories.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"