US: J Crew sales climb as it seeks refinancing
J Crew has said it is seeking refinancing
US apparel and accessories retailer J Crew has recorded an increase in fourth-quarter revenues and revealed it is seeking a loan to refinance debt.
For the three months ended 1 February, sales were up 7% to US$686m, while comparable store sales increased 4%. This compared to an increase of 11% last year.
Adjusted EBITDA is estimated in the range of $74m to $76m versus $70m in the prior year period.
In addition, J Crew, owned by TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners LP, said it is seeking refinancing, understood to be around $1.57bn, according to Bloomberg.
The company plans to use part of the proceeds from the refinancing to redeem its 8.125 percent senior unsecured notes due 2019.
In its trading update, J Crew said it had not yet received a commitment from lenders in connection with the potential refinancing.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: e-commerce technology; jeanswear; mood enhancing apparel; new materials for apparel; sma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020