US: J Crew silent over end to deal talks with Fast Retailing
Earlier this month, Fast Retailing was reported to have approached J Crew about potentially buying the private-equity-owned business, according to Reuters. J Crew was taken private by TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners in 2011 in a deal worth US$3bn.
However, merger discussions are understood to have broken down, reducing the prospects of a deal that would create a global retailing behemoth.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Fast Retailing, which owns the Uniqlo clothing chain, walked away from discussions soon after initial reports of a potential deal emerged last month. Sources told the publication the reason may have been linked to the talks being made public. Another suggestion is that a second bidder may have stepped in.
South Korean fashion conglomerate E.Land Group was said to be exploring a deal for J Crew.
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
Uniqlo Singapore Pte Ltd strives to create world-class products of the highest quality. Its emphasis on quality led to various collaborations with companies such as TORAY to produce comfortable yet af...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015