US: J Crew silent over end to deal talks with Fast Retailing
Earlier this month, Fast Retailing was reported to have approached J Crew about potentially buying the private-equity-owned business, according to Reuters. J Crew was taken private by TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners in 2011 in a deal worth US$3bn.
However, merger discussions are understood to have broken down, reducing the prospects of a deal that would create a global retailing behemoth.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Fast Retailing, which owns the Uniqlo clothing chain, walked away from discussions soon after initial reports of a potential deal emerged last month. Sources told the publication the reason may have been linked to the talks being made public. Another suggestion is that a second bidder may have stepped in.
South Korean fashion conglomerate E.Land Group was said to be exploring a deal for J Crew.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead