US: J Crew silent over end to deal talks with Fast Retailing
Earlier this month, Fast Retailing was reported to have approached J Crew about potentially buying the private-equity-owned business, according to Reuters. J Crew was taken private by TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners in 2011 in a deal worth US$3bn.
However, merger discussions are understood to have broken down, reducing the prospects of a deal that would create a global retailing behemoth.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Fast Retailing, which owns the Uniqlo clothing chain, walked away from discussions soon after initial reports of a potential deal emerged last month. Sources told the publication the reason may have been linked to the talks being made public. Another suggestion is that a second bidder may have stepped in.
South Korean fashion conglomerate E.Land Group was said to be exploring a deal for J Crew.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Uniqlo brand owner Fast Retailing has outlined further plans to improve workplace monitoring, following criticism of factory conditions at two of its suppliers in China....
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Kohl's reverses five-quarter slump in Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead