USA: J Crew Swings To Q3 Loss
The New York-based operator of nearly 200 stores posted a net loss of $700,000 versus a year-ago net profit of $300,000. Total revenue fell to $189.9m from $195.6m with same-store sales down 11 per cent.
Commenting on the results, CEO Ken Pilot said: "Despite the strengthening of our trend in October, we enter the holiday season with a cautious outlook given the difficult macro environment."
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020