US: J Crew third quarter net income rises 53.7%
- Q3 net income rose 53.7% to $33.2m
- Revenue increased 16% to $55.8m
- Comparable sales rose 10%
US clothing retailer J Crew has recorded a jump in third quarter profit thanks to rising sales and gross margins.
The company saw net income reach US$33.2m over the quarter ended 29 October, rising 53.7% from $21.6m in the same period of the prior year.
Revenue grew 16% to $555.8m, while comparable sales rose 10% over the period. Meanwhile, gross margin increased to 47.3% from 42.1% in the third quarter of last year.
Yesterday, J Crew revealed that its first store outside North America will be located on Regent Street, in London. The 17,000 square foot store is set to open in late 2013.
"London was an easy decision - it's a place where people understand and respect the integrity of great style and great design. We share this appreciation and are excited to introduce J Crew to more customers throughout the UK," said chairman and chief executive Millard Drexler.
Delia's, which sells clothing for teenage girls and young women, has appointed former Gap executive Tracy Gardner to the newly-created role of chief creative officer....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Arnold Cohen to the post of executive vice president and chief marketing officer....
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has promoted James Scully to chief operating officer, and Libby Wadle to the position of president of the J Crew brand....
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)