US: J Crew third quarter net income rises 53.7%
- Q3 net income rose 53.7% to $33.2m
- Revenue increased 16% to $55.8m
- Comparable sales rose 10%
US clothing retailer J Crew has recorded a jump in third quarter profit thanks to rising sales and gross margins.
The company saw net income reach US$33.2m over the quarter ended 29 October, rising 53.7% from $21.6m in the same period of the prior year.
Revenue grew 16% to $555.8m, while comparable sales rose 10% over the period. Meanwhile, gross margin increased to 47.3% from 42.1% in the third quarter of last year.
Yesterday, J Crew revealed that its first store outside North America will be located on Regent Street, in London. The 17,000 square foot store is set to open in late 2013.
"London was an easy decision - it's a place where people understand and respect the integrity of great style and great design. We share this appreciation and are excited to introduce J Crew to more customers throughout the UK," said chairman and chief executive Millard Drexler.
Delia's, which sells clothing for teenage girls and young women, has appointed former Gap executive Tracy Gardner to the newly-created role of chief creative officer....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Arnold Cohen to the post of executive vice president and chief marketing officer....
US apparel, footwear and accessories retailer J Crew has promoted James Scully to chief operating officer, and Libby Wadle to the position of president of the J Crew brand....
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019