HONG KONG: J Crew to expand into Hong Kong next year
US clothing retailer J Crew has confirmed plans to enter Asia by opening a store in Hong Kong as early as next year.
A spokesperson for the company told just-style today (1 August): "We are hoping to open a store late 2013, once we find a location."
"Beijing and Shanghai are also on our list. We are considering both, however no locations or timings have been established," the spokesperson added.
In an interview with Bloomberg, CEO Mickey Drexler said: "We feel that we're ready to go international. Going international is a strong learning curve and it could distract us from building our business in the US, but we feel that the time is right now."
The move follows the announcement in June that J Crew is partnering with designer department store chain Lane Crawford to introduce its women's and men's wear to shoppers in Asia.
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green has sold a 25% stake in his Topshop and Topman brands to private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners in a deal that values the two brands at GBP2bn....
Sir Philip Green is allegedly in talks to sell a stake of up to 25% in the Topman and Topshop chains to the private equity owners of US retailer J Crew....
US clothing retailer J Crew has recorded a jump in third quarter profit thanks to rising sales and gross margins....
The CEO of clothing retailer Coldwater Creek, Dennis Pence, will retire at the end of the year, leaving chief merchandising officer Jill Brown Dean to take the helm. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report