US: J Jill appoints Chasin chief marketer
Hilary Chasin has joined The Talbots as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of the J Jill brand. She reports to Philip Kowalczyk, president of J Jill.
Chasin was most recently senior vice president of marketing at Ann Taylor Loft and earlier worked at Delia's and Foot Locker in marketing capacities.
Kowalczyk said of the appointment: "With more than 20 years of expertise in footwear and apparel, Hilary brings extensive multi-channel experience in both creative and strategic marketing, which will prove invaluable as we continue to build the J Jill brand."
The company said Chasin will be relocating to the Boston area from New York early next year.
J Jill sells its women's apparel and accessories products, targeted at customers aged 35 and up, through 235 stores, catalogues and its website.
Hingham, Massachusetts-based Talbots bought J Jill earlier this year for US$517m. More than 1,125 stores operate under the Talbots banner.
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Diane Holtz has rejoined Ann Taylor Stores Corp as executive vice president of merchandising and design at the Loft division. She reports to Kay Krill, president and CEO of Ann Taylor....
Women's wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corporation has reported mixed first quarter results, with poor sales at its Loft division pulling down profit by 19.2%....
Sally Frame Kasaks, who's served as interim chief executive officer of Pacific Sunwear of California since last October, has been appointed chairman and CEO of the firm....
Although in line with previously revised expectations, The Talbots Inc today (23 May) said it was "disappointed" in its first quarter performance which it blamed on adverse weather in April, the earli...
Workwear maker Carhartt has introduced fits and sizes designed especially for women through its new Carhartt for Women line of clothes and accessories....
Laura Vazquez has been named to the new post of president of the Hollywould division of Kellwood Co....
Women's clothing retailer Talbots Inc yesterday (3 May) slashed its first quarter earnings per share outlook on significantly weaker than expected sales of the Talbots brand in April....
Shares of Ann Taylor Stores Corp rose more than 8% Friday (16 March) based on an upbeat forward outlook and initiatives, including a new store concept to be rolled out next year....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022