USA: J Jill Q1 Profits Triple
The company reported net income of $2.7 million, or 21 cents per diluted share, compared to $0.8m, or seven cents per diluted share, in the year-ago period.
Net sales jumped 15.8 per cent to $73.4m from $63.3m and the company now expects second quarter sales of $81-$83m and earnings of 26-28 cents per diluted share.
J Jill added it now expects full-year earnings of $1.32-$1.37 per share, compared with its previous forecast of $1.24-$1.29. Last year, the firm earned $1.05 per share.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts