Jack Wolfskin appoints Mau to CFO role
Mau will take up the role with Jack Wolfskin from April
German outdoor clothing specialist Jack Wolfskin has appointed Axel Mau to the role of finance chief.
With over 20 years of industry experience, Mau will take up the role from April. He has over 20 years of experience in finance operations, eight of which he has served as CFO at Takeda Pharma and W.I.S. Sicherheit & Services.
He takes over from COO Christian Brandt who had held the role on a temporary basis following the departure of Andreas Klotz, through mutual agreement, in March 2013. Brandt is to leave the company in mid-April.
"One will never find the right time for a break, but today I’m deeply convinced that Melody [Harris-Jensbach] has the passion and leadership to form and execute a successful new vision for the company."
Jack Wolfskin said the position of chief marketing officer, which has been vacant since Elke Stein's contract expired in late January, will not be re-filled.
“We are delighted to welcome Axel Mau to the management of Jack Wolfskin,” said Harris-Jensbach, CEO of Jack Wolfskin since November 2014. “In my first few months in the business we have re-established the company’s growth objectives and most recently took over our Chinese business operations with 720 stores. Alongside chief sales officer Markus Boetsch, Axel Mau’s deep financial experience in multinational organisations complements and rounds out the skillset of our executive team.”
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020