GERMANY: Jack Wolfskin signs up for European warehouse
European provider of outdoor equipment, footwear and apparel, Jack Wolfskin, has signed up to occupy a 34,000 square metre warehouse situated south-west of Hamburg, in northern Germany.
It will serve as the brand's main distribution warehouse in Europe, serving markets throughout Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Scandinavia, eastern Europe and the UK.
Expandable by an additional 20,000 square metres, the facility is being built by ProLogis, a major owner, manager and developer of distribution space. Construction is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2008.
The site is located in proximity to motorway intersections as well as to the Port of Hamburg, one of Europe's largest ports by container volume.
Representing its first push into eastern Europe, Jack Wolfskin recently opened its first store in Romania, in Sibiu, with a second to follow in Cluj Napoca this month. Last week saw the company open its first store in Poland, in Gdansk.
Jack Wolfskin sells its products through approximately 2,400 retail partners as well as 144 dedicated Jack Wolfskin stores across Europe.
By Stuart Todd.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details