GERMANY: Jack Wolfskin signs up for European warehouse
European provider of outdoor equipment, footwear and apparel, Jack Wolfskin, has signed up to occupy a 34,000 square metre warehouse situated south-west of Hamburg, in northern Germany.
It will serve as the brand's main distribution warehouse in Europe, serving markets throughout Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Scandinavia, eastern Europe and the UK.
Expandable by an additional 20,000 square metres, the facility is being built by ProLogis, a major owner, manager and developer of distribution space. Construction is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2008.
The site is located in proximity to motorway intersections as well as to the Port of Hamburg, one of Europe's largest ports by container volume.
Representing its first push into eastern Europe, Jack Wolfskin recently opened its first store in Romania, in Sibiu, with a second to follow in Cluj Napoca this month. Last week saw the company open its first store in Poland, in Gdansk.
Jack Wolfskin sells its products through approximately 2,400 retail partners as well as 144 dedicated Jack Wolfskin stores across Europe.
By Stuart Todd.
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy