GERMANY: Jack Wolfskin signs up for European warehouse
European provider of outdoor equipment, footwear and apparel, Jack Wolfskin, has signed up to occupy a 34,000 square metre warehouse situated south-west of Hamburg, in northern Germany.
It will serve as the brand's main distribution warehouse in Europe, serving markets throughout Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Scandinavia, eastern Europe and the UK.
Expandable by an additional 20,000 square metres, the facility is being built by ProLogis, a major owner, manager and developer of distribution space. Construction is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2008.
The site is located in proximity to motorway intersections as well as to the Port of Hamburg, one of Europe's largest ports by container volume.
Representing its first push into eastern Europe, Jack Wolfskin recently opened its first store in Romania, in Sibiu, with a second to follow in Cluj Napoca this month. Last week saw the company open its first store in Poland, in Gdansk.
Jack Wolfskin sells its products through approximately 2,400 retail partners as well as 144 dedicated Jack Wolfskin stores across Europe.
By Stuart Todd.
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024