GERMANY: Jack Wolfskin signs up for European warehouse
European provider of outdoor equipment, footwear and apparel, Jack Wolfskin, has signed up to occupy a 34,000 square metre warehouse situated south-west of Hamburg, in northern Germany.
It will serve as the brand's main distribution warehouse in Europe, serving markets throughout Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Scandinavia, eastern Europe and the UK.
Expandable by an additional 20,000 square metres, the facility is being built by ProLogis, a major owner, manager and developer of distribution space. Construction is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2008.
The site is located in proximity to motorway intersections as well as to the Port of Hamburg, one of Europe's largest ports by container volume.
Representing its first push into eastern Europe, Jack Wolfskin recently opened its first store in Romania, in Sibiu, with a second to follow in Cluj Napoca this month. Last week saw the company open its first store in Poland, in Gdansk.
Jack Wolfskin sells its products through approximately 2,400 retail partners as well as 144 dedicated Jack Wolfskin stores across Europe.
By Stuart Todd.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy