GERMANY: Jack Wolfskin signs up for European warehouse
European provider of outdoor equipment, footwear and apparel, Jack Wolfskin, has signed up to occupy a 34,000 square metre warehouse situated south-west of Hamburg, in northern Germany.
It will serve as the brand's main distribution warehouse in Europe, serving markets throughout Germany, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Scandinavia, eastern Europe and the UK.
Expandable by an additional 20,000 square metres, the facility is being built by ProLogis, a major owner, manager and developer of distribution space. Construction is scheduled for completion in the second half of 2008.
The site is located in proximity to motorway intersections as well as to the Port of Hamburg, one of Europe's largest ports by container volume.
Representing its first push into eastern Europe, Jack Wolfskin recently opened its first store in Romania, in Sibiu, with a second to follow in Cluj Napoca this month. Last week saw the company open its first store in Poland, in Gdansk.
Jack Wolfskin sells its products through approximately 2,400 retail partners as well as 144 dedicated Jack Wolfskin stores across Europe.
By Stuart Todd.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack