UK: Jaeger eyes global markets on FY earnings hike
- Annual earnings up 16% to GBP7m
- Sales remained flat at GBP85.5m
- Future focus on international markets, online
Luxury British fashion firm Jaeger Group Ltd is planning "significant" international expansion after booking a 16% jump in annual earnings.
The 126-year old brand said its focus would be on key international markets such as Europe, Middle East and North America - including openings in retailers like Galeries Lafayette, Nordstrom and Ogilvy.
It also aims to underpin its future growth with a new online store, which will be launched in the autumn, and a new women's wear range called Boutique by Jaeger which will target younger shoppers.
The plans were unveiled as Jaeger reported underlying earnings of GBP7m (US$10m) in the year to 28 February, up from GBP6m the year before.
While sales remained flat at GBP85.5m, the group said revenues had risen 12% since the year-end.
"Continued investment in Jaeger has delivered improved profit performance, despite last year's challenging economic environment," said group chief executive Belinda Earl.
"The increase in Jaeger's UK and international portfolio and the new online Flagship store underpins our future growth.
"In addition, our existing customers will have more choice through the expansion of Jaeger London - increasing both the product range and the number of stores in which it is available and we will be appealing to new customers through the launch of Boutique by Jaeger, in autumn 2010."
Fashion contributes more than GBP37bn (US$58bn) to the UK economy, according to new research commissioned by the British Fashion Council (BFC)....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis