UK: Jaeger Goes For A More Youthful Image
Jaeger confirmed today that it has signed up Bella Freud to design its Autumn 2001 range in a move to attract a younger audience. The British brand, famous for its staid and sensible women's wear, has also signed up Bartle Bogle Hegarty to create a new advertising campaign that will revamp the company's middle-aged image.Pat Burnett, Jaeger's new chief executive said: "We are taking Jaeger all the way from classic to cosmopolitan and contemporary."It had been rumoured that Bella Freud was to join glamorous French fashion house Balmain to oversee their knitwear lines.A Jaeger representative commented on the appointment of Bella Freud: "She's the ideal person to bring a bit of fun to the range."Jaeger is a major brand within the troubled Coats Viyella group and has approximately 180 retail outlets in the UK. Its head office is based in Soho, London.Founded in 1982, advertising agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty's other fashion clients include Levi's, for which it developed the 1999 "Flat Eric" campaign.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016