UK: Jaeger Goes For A More Youthful Image
Jaeger confirmed today that it has signed up Bella Freud to design its Autumn 2001 range in a move to attract a younger audience. The British brand, famous for its staid and sensible women's wear, has also signed up Bartle Bogle Hegarty to create a new advertising campaign that will revamp the company's middle-aged image.Pat Burnett, Jaeger's new chief executive said: "We are taking Jaeger all the way from classic to cosmopolitan and contemporary."It had been rumoured that Bella Freud was to join glamorous French fashion house Balmain to oversee their knitwear lines.A Jaeger representative commented on the appointment of Bella Freud: "She's the ideal person to bring a bit of fun to the range."Jaeger is a major brand within the troubled Coats Viyella group and has approximately 180 retail outlets in the UK. Its head office is based in Soho, London.Founded in 1982, advertising agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty's other fashion clients include Levi's, for which it developed the 1999 "Flat Eric" campaign.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts