UK: Jaeger Names Ex-Debenhams Boss Earl CEO
The 42-year-old, who left Debenhams after it was sold to private equity group Baroness Retail last year, recently turned down the role of clothing chief at high street giant Marks & Spencer.
"Having considered many other opportunities, I thought Jaeger had the greatest potential," Earl said of her new role.
"The brand has 120 years of British heritage but it had lost direction and needs to be younger."
Jaeger, formerly a subsidiary of thread maker Coats, was taken over last year by entrepreneur Harold Tillman.
"Belinda has an outstanding record in fashion retailing and brand building," Tillman said.
"I have no doubt that we can restore the Jaeger brand's iconic reputation as a modern classic and return it to the forefront of international fashion."
Jaeger operates about 130 retail stores worldwide.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
Wang Shenyang, Chairman of China Chamber of Commerce for Imports and Exports of Textiles, said that Pakistan and China need to work with each other to boost the development of textiles trade....
Luxury goods giant Hugo Boss AG plans to grow sales from its Boss Woman unit by approximately 30 per cent to almost €90 million this year, chief executive officer Bruno Saelzer told German magazine Eu...
Italian clothing and textiles group Marzotto does not plan any "extraordinary operations" for the Hugo Boss brand, Reuters quoted chairman Antonio Favrin as saying....
Luxury goods company Hugo Boss AG is planning to grow its shoes and accessories divisions over the coming years in order to capitalise on growing sales in those sectors, Financial Times Deutschland qu...
Fashion and textiles group Marzotto SpA said first-quarter 2005 sales and profits grew on good performances at its Hugo Boss and Valentino clothing units....
Clothing chain Jaeger's chairman, Harold Tillman, has salvaged department store Allders' name with the purchase of its flagship store in Croydon, UK....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective