UK: Jaeger owner shows interest in Austin Reed
Fashion investor Howard Tillman has expressed an interest in high street chain Austin Reed - amid reports that its owners could sell up.
Tillman, who owns fashion firm Jaeger and last month co-bought a 60% stake in luxury footwear label Beatrix Ong, has made other approaches for Austin Reed in the past few years.
A spokesperson for Howard Tillman PR told just-style that current reports of a bid were "pure speculation". Austin Reed could not immediately comment.
Austin Reed owners Peter Klimt and Guy Naggar last month saw their separate investment company, Dawnay Day, call in administrators to restructure a number of its businesses.
They could now sell the men's and women's wear retailer to raise funds to support Dawnay Day's recovery from the impact of a credit crunch in the UK, reported the Daily Telegraph newspaper.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The timing of Hartmarx' Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing is unfitting for a suit maker who dressed one of the US' all-time favourite presidents for his inauguration day in Washington DC last week....
Hartmarx Corporation, the US-based clothing group, has filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code. The company said that the action had been taken as a result of a decline in disc...
British luxury brand Jaeger has opened its first stand-alone store in Bahrain, in the central Seef Mall, in partnership with Specialty Fashion Group....
British fashion brand Jaeger has named Stuart Stockdale as its new design director....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts