UK: Jaeger secures GBP7.5m investment boost
The investment will enable Jaeger to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its online business
Upscale UK fashion brand Jaeger has secured a GBP7.5m (US$12.5m) investment to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its growing online business.
The cash injection from private equity owners Better Capital will support the company's five-year growth strategy, designed to refocus Jaeger on its premium British heritage and re-establish it among its core UK customers.
"The business continues to trade strongly and this additional investment will allow us to accelerate the delivery of our strategy to realise the full potential of one of Britain's most prestigious and cherished brands," said Jaeger CEO Colin Henry.
The group operates 63 freestanding stores and Jaeger Online is the brand's second largest flagship.
Jaeger said the short-term strategic focus remains on building its domestic business through focusing on commercial opportunities, investing in online, re-introducing premium quality fabrics, working with more UK manufacturers, increasing marketing spend and refurbishing stores.
Last week, the company exclusively revealed to just-style that it has created a dedicated team to ramp up its domestic sourcing - the latest sign that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining momentum.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)