UK: Jaeger secures GBP7.5m investment boost
The investment will enable Jaeger to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its online business
Upscale UK fashion brand Jaeger has secured a GBP7.5m (US$12.5m) investment to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its growing online business.
The cash injection from private equity owners Better Capital will support the company's five-year growth strategy, designed to refocus Jaeger on its premium British heritage and re-establish it among its core UK customers.
"The business continues to trade strongly and this additional investment will allow us to accelerate the delivery of our strategy to realise the full potential of one of Britain's most prestigious and cherished brands," said Jaeger CEO Colin Henry.
The group operates 63 freestanding stores and Jaeger Online is the brand's second largest flagship.
Jaeger said the short-term strategic focus remains on building its domestic business through focusing on commercial opportunities, investing in online, re-introducing premium quality fabrics, working with more UK manufacturers, increasing marketing spend and refurbishing stores.
Last week, the company exclusively revealed to just-style that it has created a dedicated team to ramp up its domestic sourcing - the latest sign that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining momentum.
Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA (CFR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been...
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015