UK: Jaeger secures GBP7.5m investment boost
The investment will enable Jaeger to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its online business
Upscale UK fashion brand Jaeger has secured a GBP7.5m (US$12.5m) investment to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its growing online business.
The cash injection from private equity owners Better Capital will support the company's five-year growth strategy, designed to refocus Jaeger on its premium British heritage and re-establish it among its core UK customers.
"The business continues to trade strongly and this additional investment will allow us to accelerate the delivery of our strategy to realise the full potential of one of Britain's most prestigious and cherished brands," said Jaeger CEO Colin Henry.
The group operates 63 freestanding stores and Jaeger Online is the brand's second largest flagship.
Jaeger said the short-term strategic focus remains on building its domestic business through focusing on commercial opportunities, investing in online, re-introducing premium quality fabrics, working with more UK manufacturers, increasing marketing spend and refurbishing stores.
Last week, the company exclusively revealed to just-style that it has created a dedicated team to ramp up its domestic sourcing - the latest sign that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining momentum.
Compagnie Financiere Richemont SA (CFR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details