UK: Jaeger secures GBP7.5m investment boost
The investment will enable Jaeger to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its online business
Upscale UK fashion brand Jaeger has secured a GBP7.5m (US$12.5m) investment to open new stores, refurbish existing ones, and develop its growing online business.
The cash injection from private equity owners Better Capital will support the company's five-year growth strategy, designed to refocus Jaeger on its premium British heritage and re-establish it among its core UK customers.
"The business continues to trade strongly and this additional investment will allow us to accelerate the delivery of our strategy to realise the full potential of one of Britain's most prestigious and cherished brands," said Jaeger CEO Colin Henry.
The group operates 63 freestanding stores and Jaeger Online is the brand's second largest flagship.
Jaeger said the short-term strategic focus remains on building its domestic business through focusing on commercial opportunities, investing in online, re-introducing premium quality fabrics, working with more UK manufacturers, increasing marketing spend and refurbishing stores.
Last week, the company exclusively revealed to just-style that it has created a dedicated team to ramp up its domestic sourcing - the latest sign that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining momentum.
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024