UK: Jaeger signs Middle East franchise agreement
British fashion brand Jaeger has signed a franchise agreement in the Middle East which will see it opening stores across Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Lebanon and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The deal with Speciality Fashion Group Company of Kuwait, part of The Sultan Center Group, is initially aiming for a minimum of eight Jaeger franchise stores over the next five years.
Belinda Earl, Jaeger's Group chief executive, said the move "continues Jaeger's international growth strategy, accelerating the brand's global presence in additional key markets."
Since her appointment in 2004, Earl, the former chief executive of Debenhams Plc, has focused on expanding the brand both in the UK and overseas.
Jaeger currently has 144 UK and European stores, including freestanding stores, shop-in-shops and outlets, and this year plans to double the number of its overseas stores to 80.
It will also enter eight new markets, including the USA, South Asia, Australia and Eastern Europe, taking the total number of its territories to 20, with further expansion planned in 2008/9.
Jaeger was acquired by fashion entrepreneur Harold Tillman in 2003.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion designer label FrostFrench has been resurrected thanks to a new investor after being placed into administration amid mounting debts....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
The owner and chief executive of UK fashion firm Jaeger have together purchased a 60% stake in luxury footwear label Beatrix Ong for an undisclosed amount....
Richard Jones, the executive credited with driving an aggressive expansion into clothing at UK supermarket group Sainsbury's, has resigned to take a top post at arch rival Tesco it emerged today (24 J...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report