UK: Jaeger Sold Again, Viyella Deal "Imminent"
Entrepreneur Richard Thompson has sold the Jaeger fashion chain after just six weeks and is expected to announce the sale of the Viyella brand in the next few days, it was reported on Monday. Thompson, who bought both brands for a nominal sum from thread giant Coats in January, has sold Jaeger to Harold Tillman, the man behind the Jeff & Co clothing range sold in supermarket chain Sainsbury's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"