UK: Jaeger To Close Kilmarnock Plant, 153 Jobs Axed
The Scottish textiles industry suffered another blow on Friday with the news that Jaeger is closing its textile plant in Kilmarnock with the loss of 153 jobs. Jaeger's Kilmarnock workforce was halved two years ago and last year the firm cut 160 jobs by closing its factory in Campbeltown. Three cutting room workers were laid off in Kilmarnock three weeks ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores