USA: Jagged Edge Mountain Gear Buys Turbo Climbing
Jagged Edge Mountain Gear, a designer, manufacturer and retailer of technical outerwear and rugged mountain-wear, has bought TURBO Climbing.Jagged Edge has acquired all of TURBO's assets including current production, distribution and entered a design contract with the company's founder and designer Gea Franklin.TURBO Climbing, formerly known as Franklin Climbing (the clothing division), has developed a reputation for producing clothing for climbing lifestyles. Gea Franklin, also a professional climber for years explains, "TURBO is for people who want to be identified with the sport. It reflects a certain attitude, not necessarily an age group."The acquisition of TURBO Climbing has created new distribution channels for Jagged Edge. Marketing director, Jordan Campbell explains: "While TURBO is a division of Jagged Edge Mountain Gear, resources will be applied toward building the company separate yet complimentary of the Jagged Edge line. TURBO's market focus will be sport climbing and bouldering with its 'Feel the Difference' campaign.""The TURBO line is fresh, youthful and sporty. It compliments Jagged Edge's more classic style and image," explains Margaret Quenemoen, Jagged Edge President and CEO. "The TURBO line has penetrated a different segment of the market. The marriage of the two brands has tremendous potential and I'm looking forward to a successful and prosperous relationship."Jagged Edge Mountain Gear manufactures high quality, hard wearing, technical outerwear and clothing for skiing, climbing, mountaineering, hiking and adventure travel. The Colorado-based company has three retail stores; a wholesale division with over 100 accounts worldwide; a mail-order division; and a website with sales online.For more information contact Jagged Edge Mountain Gear online at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020