USA: Jagged Edge Mountain Gear Buys Turbo Climbing
Jagged Edge Mountain Gear, a designer, manufacturer and retailer of technical outerwear and rugged mountain-wear, has bought TURBO Climbing.Jagged Edge has acquired all of TURBO's assets including current production, distribution and entered a design contract with the company's founder and designer Gea Franklin.TURBO Climbing, formerly known as Franklin Climbing (the clothing division), has developed a reputation for producing clothing for climbing lifestyles. Gea Franklin, also a professional climber for years explains, "TURBO is for people who want to be identified with the sport. It reflects a certain attitude, not necessarily an age group."The acquisition of TURBO Climbing has created new distribution channels for Jagged Edge. Marketing director, Jordan Campbell explains: "While TURBO is a division of Jagged Edge Mountain Gear, resources will be applied toward building the company separate yet complimentary of the Jagged Edge line. TURBO's market focus will be sport climbing and bouldering with its 'Feel the Difference' campaign.""The TURBO line is fresh, youthful and sporty. It compliments Jagged Edge's more classic style and image," explains Margaret Quenemoen, Jagged Edge President and CEO. "The TURBO line has penetrated a different segment of the market. The marriage of the two brands has tremendous potential and I'm looking forward to a successful and prosperous relationship."Jagged Edge Mountain Gear manufactures high quality, hard wearing, technical outerwear and clothing for skiing, climbing, mountaineering, hiking and adventure travel. The Colorado-based company has three retail stores; a wholesale division with over 100 accounts worldwide; a mail-order division; and a website with sales online.For more information contact Jagged Edge Mountain Gear online at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack