JAPAN: Janome Shifts Sewing Machine Production To Thailand
Leading sewing machine manufacturer Janome Sewing Machine Co is to spin off its die-casting plant in April and shift production from its Yamanashi plant in Japan to Thailand.
The move was revealed in its new three-year business plan which also states the company will strengthen its mainstream sewing machine business in Europe and the US.
In Europe, the company plans to boost sales by strengthening activities of Janome Holland BV, while in the US it will start providing Sears with brand products from June.
Companies: Sears Holdings Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
When retailers go off-track, they end up trying to follow the evolution of consumer tastes, trends and spending. By the time they understand what their shopper is about, she's moved on to the next bes...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Retail group Sears has expanded its contract with fulfilment and integration solutions company CommerceHub. ...
Retail group Sears Holdings has appointed Lisa Schultz to the new position of executive vice president of the company's apparel design....
Retail group Sears Holdings has named a team of new executives and has announced the departure of president and chief merchant Luis Padilla....
Multi-channel retailer Sears Canada is recalling two lines of children's outfits due to a potential choking hazard....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar